RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

An excerpt from a letter that briefly explains what the Tea Party movements most important contribution may be and how a national leader, Sarah Palin "gets it":

"....As I'm sure has been said before, it [Tea Party movement] is not a Republican thing or a Democrat thing, it is an American thing, However as a result of the shared values and principles it is becoming more and more a Republicans clean up your act thing, because you have disappointed your people and our Country deserves better.

The likelihood of very many Dems embracing the movement is remote, since we want to keep our liberty and adherence to Constitutional principles while many of them are looking to radically change who we are and indeed rewrite history as to where we came from!

I believe the Tea Party movement in time will prove to be the cure all for what ails the Republican Party, you know kind of like a spring tonic, a house cleaning or both!! We need wholesale changes in both houses of Congress and in short order so that we may disrupt the decades old ties to the money and influence of the corrupt power brokers (some being elected!) on Capitol Hill. In short we need new blood like Keith [Fimian] if we are ever to stand a chance to reverse some of the damage.

I think Sarah Palin identifies with this need for change or need to go "Rogue" and that is what so scares the left (and many on the right!) because they know that this is what is needed and once the Republicans clean up their act the far leftist agenda is doomed."

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I've seen the Tea Party people do a better job of promoting Republican ideals than Republicans. Maybe that's why the recent Rasmussen poll found that 28% of likely voters would vote for the Tea Party vs. 18% for the Republican Party vs. 36% for the Democrats. The Republicans won great victories in Virginia and New Jersey. What have they done with that? What do they plan to do? At some point a protest movement has to become a political movement or it will amount to nothing. That's the Tea Party Problem. They have activist energy but no political organization. Republicans, on the other hand have the political organization but no activist energy. If the Tea Party won't join the Republicans then maybe the Republicans should join the Tea Party? Without a legislative majority Republicans can't legislate. So, they should give up the pretense of being legislators and they should take a page from Gringrich and all go "Rogue". There are 11 months left to save the Republic.
We can do it!

George Daily said:
From what I've seen the Tea Party people do a better job of promoting Republican ideals than Republicans. Maybe that's why the recent Rasmussen poll found that 28% of likely voters would vote for the Tea Party vs. 18% for the Republican Party vs. 36% for the Democrats. The Republicans won great victories in Virginia and New Jersey. What have they done with that? What do they plan to do? At some point a protest movement has to become a political movement or it will amount to nothing. That's the Tea Party Problem. They have activist energy but no political organization. Republicans, on the other hand have the political organization but no activist energy. If the Tea Party won't join the Republicans then maybe the Republicans should join the Tea Party? Without a legislative majority Republicans can't legislate. So, they should give up the pretense of being legislators and they should take a page from Gringrich and all go "Rogue". There are 11 months left to save the Republic.
Hi George Daily,

. . . In response to your comment
"They have activist energy but no political organization. Republicans, on the other hand have the political organization but no activist energy."

Are Tea Party people ready to rule, yet?
I can only speak for myself.
I am not.
When I pick and choose my issues I can do OK.
But handle everything that must be handled? Gag.

Many of us are new at politics.

The politics of ruling has a history of requiring people whose skin is so thick that they were practically insensible.

Unless our leaders can rely on us to keep them in line
AND do the heavy lifting when they need it done,
the leaders we get will likely be like most of the leaders we have had.
Even if they don't start out that way they are apt to end up that way.

This becoming-Republican TeaParty person feels that we can do better by ourselves, our leaders, and our nation
IF the Tea Party Movement waits until we are a bit more seasoned.
From a strictly selfish point of view I want my Republicans to make the mistakes so I can learn from them.
AND so the growing, maturing Tea Party can earn long lasting respect and affection from our neighbors.
The targeted problems that Tea Party fixes might have been cause for regret if the Tea Party were the ruling party.

If we can mature quickly enough we will take the OATH, and
so shame the other non-treasonous [VA18.2-481(5)]parties into taking the OATH.
We will be able to keep shining the light on our Governments operations and bringing its people into line.

Where not, Virginia law and its newly obedient courts will give individual Tea Party persons the sharp teeth and a long reach sufficient to bring the law down upon the personal capacity of those who conceit felony against our Constitution as though it were their right.

By 2020 the Tea Party will have the people and the ability to widely prevail in elections.
By 2020 the Tea Party will also have the ability to rule and not be shamed by it.
By 2020 the Tea Party will have gotten so good at being a good neighbor that the Republican Party, the Constitution Party, the Libertarians and the independents will feel right at home.
We can do this. Look at what growth in skills has come from the 912 groups.
Given the love and respect we have for our nation’s Constitution and our nation’s author, the “Laws of Nature and Nature’s God” we will inevitably continue to groom each other in good neighbor communication skills. We are learning to respect our own rights AND each other’s rights.
When there is respect for boundary fences of all kinds neighbors just naturally bond on their common interests. There is no good reason not to and it is fun.

But right now the rubber can only meet the road if we work with the Republicans. How can we offend them by winning their battles? We WILL become best of friends and more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service