RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

I just found this posted at Redstate-

http://www.redstate.com/normleahy/2009/04/12/mcdonnells-got-a-big-i...

McDonnell is trying to work on the idea of eliminating the VA Income Tax. I sure as heck would pay a little more in sales tax in order to get rid of the income tax. With an increase in sales tax, everyone would be subjected to the sales tax, and, would all pay their share of taxes to the state of Virginia. No more "free rides."

What do you all think? I personlly think this is a very winning big time idea from the party of Big Ideas.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is the source of income for the government of Virginia? I truly think that if he just vowed to reduce government size and waste, along with perhaps a REDUCTION in income tax, that would be wonderful!
Sue G said:
What is the source of income for the government of Virginia? I truly think that if he just vowed to reduce government size and waste, along with perhaps a REDUCTION in income tax, that would be wonderful!
Reducing the waste in government would be a good thing no matter the source of revenue. I do think a sales tax as opposed to income tax would give everyone an "opportunity to contribute."
O boy, I'll buy that for a dollar.
What does "trying to work on an idea" mean? If he's working on the idea as part of his campaign then say so. If so, I'm for it. All should pay or none should pay. So-called progressive taxes are just the opposite. They take away from productivity. They are regressive in that they penalize those who produce the most to subsidize those who produce the least. Great Communist manifesto idea born of the Social Democrat party. It can only work when the takers do so with force. No producer will voluntarily give to slackers. That is another good reason for term limits for every legislative body, power when concentrated in the hands of the few screws the many.
Didn't Sen Colgan (D Manassas) propose that some time ago? I don't have time to research it.
I would like all taxes to be taken back to the basics of simple direct taxation and explicit consent of the citizen. If I had my way there would be no payroll taxes or any other taken out automatically without written consent of the individual being taxed. I don't believe in Fair Taxes. I believe in a Free Tax. Free of government thuggery and thievery and with the tax payers being able to cut off the funds with the ability to refuse to pay legally. I know our bureaucrats and even many conservatives would be alarmed at the idea that the tax payer would be allowed to vote with his or her tax dollars. We say we believe in the Free Market. Let us have a free market tax system. Let the people have the final say.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service