RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

There are 168 members who will be voting to decide the next RNC Chairman at the RNC Winter Meeting on January 20, 2009. There are three members from each state who are able to vote, the state Chairman, the state National Committeeman and the state National Committeewoman. To locate the names of who your local state members are, perform the following steps: Go to the National GOP Website - State Parties page and select the state in which you live, which will bring up all three voting member names for the state selected. You will also see phone number(s) listed to contact your local state voting members. You can pick a new state by selecting "State Parties" from the menu bar.

To support Michael Steele, contact your state Chairman, state National Committeeman and your state National Committeewoman and tell them to support Michael Steele for RNC Chairman at the RNC Winter Meeting in January 2009.

There are 50 states plus DC, included as well Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. Three members voting from each location makes a total of 168 members who will decide our next RNC Chairman.

Beginning with the election of Michael Steele as RNC Chairman in 2009, we will take back the Republican Party in preparation for 2010.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is grassroots at it's finest - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/CWANJ/2008/12/19/attitude-radio

Grover Norquist hosts Saul Anuzis and Chip Saltsman (both candidates for RNC chair). Also, Norquist is hosting a live debate on 01/05/09 for all the candidates.
Melissa Hopkins said:
I am a big fan of Michael Steele but I have worked closely with Saul Anuzis and without question he has my support for RNC Chairman. To Read more about Saul, go to http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33763872331

Michael Steele is such a good guy, I am just so impressed with Saul Anuzis' grassroots operation and his cutting edge vision to rebuild the party stronger than ever.
Michael Steele would bring class and dignity to the Republican Party and be a role model and a leader, we could all look up to.He would be the BEST RNC Chairman we have ever had!!!
I for one like Michael Steele for RNC, but I have heard some comment that someone like Palin should be considered in case she intends to run again in 2012. Does anyone here thing she would actually consider that in 2012? Considering the number of really qualified candidates that are up-and-coming I am pretty excited for the Republican party in the coming years.
Will said:
I for one like Michael Steele for RNC, but I have heard some comment that someone like Palin should be considered in case she intends to run again in 2012. Does anyone here thing she would actually consider that in 2012? Considering the number of really qualified candidates that are up-and-coming I am pretty excited for the Republican party in the coming years.
This is in reply to Will's comment regarding Sarah Palin. I respect Mrs. Palin as much as anyone, but I am against the idea that we should elect anyone to the position of RNC Chairman for the express purpose of influencing an election 4 years away. If Mrs. Palin wants to throw her hat in the ring for RNC Chair, she should be welcomed, but evaluated the same as the other candidates on their ability to run the Committee, not on any aspirations for 2012.

Les G.
I would really like to see Sarah Palin remain the Governor of AK, and then run for reelection again. IMHO that would be the greatest experience she can acquire until the 2012 elections. Hopefully she will keep up the good work she has been doing, and will be a strong candidate in 2012.

I am very torn between supporting Steele or Blackwell for RNC Chair. After reading the answers to the questions from Morton Blackwell, it is hard to decide as I like them both very much. I have seen Steele on Fox, but I haven't seen Blackwell speak. Is Blackwell a good communicator? I've heard him compared to Fred Thompson as a true Conservative/Federalist, and for me you can't get any better than that.
Sandy Cope said:
I would really like to see Sarah Palin remain the Governor of AK, and then run for reelection again. IMHO that would be the greatest experience she can acquire until the 2012 elections. Hopefully she will keep up the good work she has been doing, and will be a strong candidate in 2012.

I am very torn between supporting Steele or Blackwell for RNC Chair. After reading the answers to the questions from Morton Blackwell, it is hard to decide as I like them both very much. I have seen Steele on Fox, but I haven't seen Blackwell speak. Is Blackwell a good communicator? I've heard him compared to Fred Thompson as a true Conservative/Federalist, and for me you can't get any better than that.

I formerly worked in Ohio politics and was fairly familiar with Blackwell and his staff (he was Secretary of State back then). He is a strong conservative with solid values, but I do not think he is the right fit for RNC Chairman. His two weaknesses as a candidate, IMHO, were his poor communication skills and poor fundraising record. Simply not the right guy for the RNC. From what I know of Micheal Steele, mainly from the commercials he ran during his Senate race and his appearences on cable news, he seems like a better person for this particular position.
Here's a link to a couple of grass-roots radio bloggers conducting what I thought to be a really good interview with Steele a few days ago. Fast forward to 14:55 when he calls in.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theamericanresolve/2008/12/30/michael-...
Also, here's a pretty good posting http://www.redstate.com/bluey/2009/01/04/the-case-against-michael-s.... Lots of stuff I didn't know in there, and I usually follow such things closely.
Brad- Thank you so much for bringing that RedState diary here. I read RedState regularly, as it is claimed to be the biggest Republican/Conservative site on the net currently. I missed that one today. There were things in that posting that I did not know either. I knew about the tie to Christy Whitman and the website he was a co-founder of. The site posted regularly about their support for abortion, as well as other very moderate positions. It seems that some are backing Steele because he has name recognition, as well as being a good public speaker. Didn't the idiots just elect a President because he was a "good speaker"? I would much rather an RNC Chair who holds true to the Party's principle, rather than his speaking abilities. Then again, we have been told, the public really has nothing to say about who the 168 will appoint. Another perfect example of "selected not elected."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service