RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

This election cycle promises to be different from all others for Republicans. New technologies are being embraced by the party and the candidates as they reconnect with the grassroots.

RNC Victory is back with their high tech gathering of voter information and I understand there will be more focus on the base this time.

Texting is becoming big, as a way to instantly communicate with the grassroots. The RPV and the campaigns are utilizing it. You can get updates from RPV by texting "RPV" to 313131 or the McDonnell campaign by texting "VA" to GoBob (46262). Keep your eyes and ears open for others.

Twitter is also part of the mix. We have a drop down menu under the Members tab showing our Twitterers. For RPV go to "VA_GOP", McDonnell campaign is at "bobmcdonnell".

Facebook is being used and there are pages for most of the candidates. And of course the rolling chat of your "friends".

The RPV and campaigns will be rolling out video. Video will be highlighted in a big way at the convention in Richmond, May 29th & 30th.

All of theses new technologies are great but you have to "participate" for them to reach their full potential and that means not only signing up yourself, but sharing with your friends.

There are many more opportunities, such as Podcasting and Video streaming. If you check our Home page you will find links to the Bearing Drift Podcasts, General Assembly sessions and we will feature a Ustream link to see the Convention live if you can't make it in person.

Lastly don't forget about ways to hook up and be active in the campaigns by signing up here for groups that keep you in touch. Also the Events page here is a very powerful tool, because it showcases your events to a statewide audience!

Hope to see you all at the Convention, don't miss it, it will be a technological humdinger!

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tom, thanks for all the effort you and Lynn put in to make blogger's row a resounding success.

Alton

P.S.
Oh, it was great to get to meet you. I only wish we had time to share over a cup of coffee. Or beer.
Alton, It was good to see you too, I'm sure we will get a chance for that beer one day. Saturday was hectic, because of running back and forth from bloggers row to the video production area with candidates and elected officials. Check out some of the interviews, here on RPVN with Eric Cantor, Rich Anderson, Bob Marshall, Tag Greason, Scott Lingamfelter, Ken Cuccinelli and others over the next few days.

Alton Foley; Henry County said:
Tom, thanks for all the effort you and Lynn put in to make blogger's row a resounding success.

Alton

P.S.
Oh, it was great to get to meet you. I only wish we had time to share over a cup of coffee. Or beer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service