RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

What are the top three or four issues that will dominate this campaign?

Who is the likely opponent?

What is the oppositions positions on the issues?

What are Bob McDonnell's positions on those issues?

Views: 52

Replies to This Discussion

Doesn't anyone know what this election is about?
George, I would imagine for the McDonnell campaign the main issues are going to be transportation, healthcare and education. The likely opponent will probably be Moran or McAuliffe. Their positions will be developing during this primary season. I would think it would behoove us to not jump in too soon, but rather let the Dem's define some of the issues as they embark on their threeway slugfest to their nomination. Bob McDonnell is out rallying his base and some of the troops that will be needed. If we were to go into full campaign mode too early, we risk giving up ammo to the opponent and our message getting old and diluted by election day. Without benefit of a crystal ball, I think it is a little early to try and answer a couple of your questions, but rest assured the answers are right around the corner. Here is a link to the McDonnell issues page: http://www.bobmcdonnell.com/issues.php
Tom- As I have stated before, I am new to politics, and how it works. One question- If we wait for the spring or summer, with the election coming in Nov., are we not allowing the Democrats to define the message, and then we are on defense. From what I've read, the Republicans need to take leadership roles, and define our own messages. As far as our message becoming old, it seems to me that Obama was campaigning for 2 years, and we have seen that his message did not become old. Also, I am not sure how a message of Healthcare will carry, as by Nov. I do believe that the Dems. will have already moved closer to Nationalized Healthcare, with all the attendent rules and regulations. I would love to see the Republicans take the leadership, and then let the Dem. on the defense.

Tom Whitmore said:
George, I would imagine for the McDonnell campaign the main issues are going to be transportation, healthcare and education. The likely opponent will probably be Moran or McAuliffe. Their positions will be developing during this primary season. I would think it would behoove us to not jump in too soon, but rather let the Dem's define some of the issues as they embark on their threeway slugfest to their nomination. Bob McDonnell is out rallying his base and some of the troops that will be needed. If we were to go into full campaign mode too early, we risk giving up ammo to the opponent and our message getting old and diluted by election day. Without benefit of a crystal ball, I think it is a little early to try and answer a couple of your questions, but rest assured the answers are right around the corner. Here is a link to the McDonnell issues page: http://www.bobmcdonnell.com/issues.php
Sandy,

You speak as if you believe the MSM will report fairly and not twist and skew our message, which would give more ammo to the opposition. I believe we need to get out, starting early spring and knock doors and make contact with the grassroots and reassure them that we are sticking to our core principles and see how issues shake out over the next couple of months. Obama's message didn't get old, because it continually evolved and changed as the campaign went on. The MSM provided cover for his flip flopping. As far as healthcare goes I believe it will continue to be an issue. The new administration's plate is full and as I recall the Clinton's faced a lot of resistance within their own party. I don't believe National Healthcare is going to be a cake walk for Obama.

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service