For a start, here are 10 suggestions I came up with for the direction America should take.
Remember, it is US, the People that is the Government and we can make any changes we wish to make collectively showing unity for these United States of America.
Or have we forgot why we call ourselves the United States of America?
No Government, Country or power can take this away from the People, being United unless we allow it to happen.
The Peoples Agenda for 10 Governmental changes.
1) The U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights will be upheld to the highest standard and only the U.S. Supreme Court may interrupt without bias and only the People can make changes.
2) The U.S. Federal Government shall recognize only the States have any powers to levy laws, regulations, to impose and collect taxes.
3) Remove all current elected Officials from State and Federal offices, including the President. In doing so, we removed the cancer that has plagued every State and America as well. Consider exempting local elected officials from this requirement for they are closest to the People.
4) All Presidential Elections will decide on the winner by majority Electoral Votes. The Electors from each State shall be require delivering the voters choice, without change or exception. The results of the vote for their area and cannot deviate in any manner from those results. Currently an Electoral Delegate may decide against the voter’s wishes to elect the President.
5) Term Limits will be enacted immediately for all Elected Officials in Federal or State Offices with no elected position to be held longer than 4 years and cannot be elected more than 2 times without a lapse of 8 or more years. At anytime, with 60% approval from the voters for any office, an Elected Federal or State Official can be removed without reason or cause.
6) Lobbyist, Corporations, special interest groups will not be allowed to make political contributions and are further restricted on bestowing gifts, or any other value or consideration to anyone running for Election or currently in office.
7) The States shall have the power and authority to supercede any Federal Regulation, Tax or Law they deem unnecessarily puts a strain on their State Budget, causes harm or intent to anyone or goes against any States agenda or philosophy.
8) Any Taxes collected by the States, regardless of origin, shall remain as income for the State. The U.S. Federal Government must request from the States, collectively, funding for the Federal Budget or any Federal Program or Department. The U.S. Federal Government can imposed a annual flat funding request from each State, based on U.S. Census data, for operational funds for the purpose to fund, defense (internal and international), and Federal approve programs authorized by the States.
9) No Federal funding may be given to any Country or International Cause, or group without the 2/3 approval from the States.
10) With permission from the 2/3 of the Voters, The U.S. Federal Government can amend these changes.
These are only suggestions, but someone has to start somewhere, or may God help us all when we will not be allowed to make any changes.
If anyone wants to criticize my suggestions, before you do, I am sure everyone would like to see yours.
At least I am getting involved. Are you? If so, how are you getting involved to bring these United States back to the People?