I've been thinking about a few Constitutional Amendments to improve government:
1. No person having more than two years of higher education in the law or who has ever practiced law shall be permitted to run for public office
2. No person who has never served in the armed forces or been continuiously employed in a private sector, profit making enterprise for less than ten years shall be permitted to run for public office.
3. No candidate for public office may accept contributions from any entity unless said contributions are from the private funds of an individual who is registered to vote in the election for the office the candidate seeks. An individual may contribute unlimited funds, time, or other resources provided all contributions or any kind are immediately disclosed. No bundling of contributions is permitted. Any unused campaign funds must be refunded to contributors in proportion to their contribution.
4. No representation without taxation. No citizen shall be permitted to vote without first providing a receipt for state and federal income tax paid.
5. Any legislator submitting a bill for consideration by the federal or state legislature must pay a submittal fee equal to 20% of the legialators annual income from all sources.
Feel free to add your own suggestions.