Obama the Illusionist
The release of Obama’s birth certificate was just another hat trick, more smoke and mirrors. First of all, it came from a document that Hawaiian officials released and that copy is in the hands of the White House. The online copy is a purported electronic scan of that and more than likely was enhanced for legibility. Of course any enhancement may be innocent in itself or by design used to cover up changes. The point is, there probably are no significant changes to the certificate as provided by Hawaii and in the end if there are any inaccuracies proven, it will fall on some poor scapegoat in Hawaii.
All this furor has done, over the last few days, has been to distract folks from the real business at hand, which is to stop Obama and the left from destroying our Country. Our job #1 this past week should have been to go in to see our Congressmen in the district offices or write and phone them to make our voices heard.
Obama the Illusionist threw out the birth certificate to distract conservatives from the important and real work. He knew full well that Osama Bin Laden would be this week’s news and so for two weeks could draw the conservative fire away from the battle to save our country. He did it to you last year and got Obamacare through. He is doing it again! Ignore the distractions and the smoke and mirrors. Worry about what you can do to make a difference on, not that which you can’t help or change. Make every minute of your valuable time, one that may bear fruit, not one that is spent dallying over that which is a distraction.
We are faced with several huge and looming battles this week and next as the Congress returns and the outcome of these battles will determine the Country’s fate.
- The debt ceiling increase must be stopped. We must take decisive action to stop the financial hemorrhaging. There is plenty of money to pay bills. Just like your own budget, if you come up a little short and do not want to borrow, you protect your assets by paying mortgages and financial obligations first, while allowing other non-critical bills to slide a little.
- The passage of the Full Faith & Credit Act, introduced by Senator Toomey and the House counterpart, must be passed to ensure that the President and Harry Reid don’t intentionally let our debt payments default, in a political ploy just to try and blame the Republicans. After all, if we believe that the left is trying to tear our country down as we know it and fundamentally transform it, we must take those steps necessary to stop them and protect the Country.
- Stop spending and begin making cuts, but the only way we will have an open and honest dialogue that will yield the kind of results necessary to restore financial stability, is if all departments and agencies are squarely on the table. We have a spending problem and that is what has sent our economy into a tailspin.
- No tax increases. The closer we get to balancing the budget the better, but only if it is not at the expense of raising taxes. We need less government impeding the free market and more money available to grow the free markets.
We also need to begin addressing some of the other real problems that are causing the financial havoc, besides the government spending.
1. Start bringing our manufacturing jobs back from overseas. The fabric of our economy has been torn and we have become this voracious consumer society without the ability to produce for ourselves. We manufacture less than 10 % of what we consume. The loss of our manufacturing base is the greatest national security threat that we face. We can no longer fend for ourselves. A new world order be damned, we need to take back our manufacturing capabilities and restore a balance in our economy. We cannot let ourselves become dependent on China and others to manufacture almost all we consume. What if……………………! Yeah, it is too scary to think about!
2. We must stop the one-way flood of dollars going out of the Country. That begins with solving more of our energy needs right here at home with sound policies that recognize the reality of our needs, and can balance domestic production and consumption with research and development toward more efficient technologies and fuel sources going forward, while reducing dependency on foreign sources that leave us at their financial mercy.
3. We need to rethink our defense strategy. Defense represents nearly one third of our budget if you take an honest look and consider all factors. We have excessive numbers of bases overseas, that in this new world of technology and satellites could have many of their functions consolidated and moved back within our borders. Let’s spend some of that new construction and remodeling money here, not to mention what is spent in the foreign local economies by the defense department, our troops and civilian employees and contractors! Go here to see what the Nations leading Conservatives are saying: http://committeefortherepublic.org/?page_id=22 and then join them by clicking on "Petition" and signing it! We need to change the mindset on Capitol Hill and re-examine our priorities and make informed, deliberate decisions instead of waiting for a crisis and then hurting our troops and missions by cutting indiscriminately.
These are just a few of the areas where, if we pay attention and press hard, we can have a positive impact. That is after all what we are working for, to have a positive impact and make a difference. How well we do should be measured by how many times we contact our elected officials about the current issues and let them know where we stand and to that end how many times there was a positive outcome.
We must be very careful how we measure success and what we choose to measure. Which do you think will have more impact, 40,000 protestors with signs gathering for a couple of hours on Capitol hill, or that same 40,000 activists spending 2 hours churning out perhaps 4 or 5 letters/emails each and a half dozen or more phone calls. I can assure you that 500,000 phone calls and emails in a week on the issues of the day will have a much bigger, longer lasting and more positive impact!!
It is great to do the meetings and go out to the events to recharge our batteries but we must all learn to employ some balance, to make sure we are doing and measuring the right things, to be sure we will make an impact and to make sure we devote enough time to those tasks that will in the end make a measurable and positive difference.
We must look beyond the smoke and mirrors, whether it is from the left or from our own and learn to focus on the future, where we want to see our country be, and prioritize those actions that will yield the greatest results, from contacting our local boards and councils to our State level government, right up to the U.S. Congress.
We must not let ourselves be distracted by Obama and the left, they are masters of deception and illusion. They want to take what you and I have and use it to fundamentally transform our Country so that our children will not have the same fighting chance we had. DO NOT lose that chance, FOCUS, focus, focus, focus,………………
You can reach the U.S. Congress at (202)-224-5121) or (877)-762-8762 and can find many of your elected officials and their contact info at this site: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/ Stay engaged, establish a habit of making a few calls and sending a letter/email or two every week, until it becomes second nature. That is what it takes to win!! If our elected officials don’t hear from us regularly, they start thinking we don’t care and they start listening to the lobbyists, special interests and their colleagues.
Politics is about a fear factor. We would want to believe it is about our representatives doing what is right, doing what we elected them for, but once in office it often becomes more about who they fear most in their reelection, the special interests and their colleagues or “We the People” who elected them. Don’t let a week go by without reminding them how they got there and what we expect, let doing the right thing become the “icing on the cake” for them!! Thank you for all that you do for Liberty!!
For Liberty’s Sake,