RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

Folks we need to keep this issue alive. The Dems strategy for managing their latest corruption crisis is to write the guy off as crazy. Yeah, the dude is a dingbat but these same people who are now consigning him to the loony bin of history were doing fundraisers and press conferences with the guy a few months back. (Lots of nice Obama & Rahm Emmanuel photo ops)

If a Republican had pulled something even half this crass, they'd keep the issue alive for months and months. We need to keep the issue in play and humor is possibly the most effective weapon to use.

So, post your Blagojevich humor links here -- and anything else related to the scandal and the corrupt Chicago machine that produced the President-elect... Rezko, Mayor Daley, and the whole gang.

To get the ball rolling, take a look at Iowahawk's blog "Fed Seize Blagojevich Ebay Account' with the parody Ebay site. It's hysterical (warning: quite a lot of profanity, but no more than your average Blagojevich press conference)

Politics is the best reality show on TV these days....

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kathryn- I would love to find humor in the Blagojevich scandal, but I keep thinking that so many of Obamas picks for his administration are coming from the same cesspool. Thought I heard something about him appointing the head of Chicago's Educational system as the new Secretary of Education. It will be education the Alinsky way! God save us!
It's not a matter of FINDING humor, it's a matter of humor / ridicule being the most devastating political weapon in our arsenal. That's some the Left "gets" and our people quite often do not. Want to engage the general public in remembering what a sleazeball this guy is? Use satire to keep the issue alive and keep it "viral".

Here's another link,to some good updates on the story from FoxNews, sent to me by my county chairman just now
Fox Fact: Blago Impeachment. Scroll down for their quote of the day, which is a real keeper - "He's not stepping aside. He hasn't done anything wrong"
[Blagojevich's Chicago attorney Ed Genson on 12/15 as he left his office after meeting with the governor] The temerity of these people is mind-boggling -- and ridicule is the best pin with which to pop their balloon.

Obama has this 7 page questionnaire to vet potential appointees. (link takes you to PDF file) Would love to see how some of his appointee prospects manage to finesse some of the questions on there... Blago's questionnaire for appointees is a lot shorter. "Ya gotta million @#$% bucks? OK, fork it over...."
PS - Newt's probably right on the RNC attack ads at this juncture. Emphasizing my point that grassroots satire-based attacks are the way to go, as no negativity attaches to the message-bearer that way (funny guys get a positive response in our culture, even if one doesnt' agree with their message). And with satire t's okay to use hyperbole as an artistic device and you're protected from libel as it's a first amendment protected useage.

As another case in point of how effective humor can be, check out John Ziegler's howobamagotelected.com and the poll of Obama voters. 89.6 percent thought that Sarah Palin had said "you can see Russia from my house". Actually, it was Tina Fey that said that!
Holiday Greetings from Illinois!!
Attachments:
Did any of you catch this guy on the news today. I think his plan is to plea insanity. He was honestly telling the reporters that he can't wait to talk to them, but especially to the people of Illinois about the charges being levied against him. EARTH TO BLAGOJEVICH...THEY HAVE YOU ON TAPE. Your not going to be able to talk yourself out of this one buddy. I for one can't wait to hear this guys excuses.
Will- I thought that the Obama MSM had started the "insanity" talk in case Blago starts singing and naming some names that could cause the Obama Admin. some major embarrassment. For example, I read today that Rham Emanuel has had 21 taped conversations with Blago. Also, I've read that Rezko has been singing to the FBI, and his sentencing has been delayed. Obama recently said he will talk about the whole mess next week, that's right before Christmas, when most people are taking time out from politics and the news in order to celebrate the Holidays with their friends and families. I get the feeling that Jingle Bells will take on a whole new set of lyrics.

Will said:
Did any of you catch this guy on the news today. I think his plan is to plea insanity. He was honestly telling the reporters that he can't wait to talk to them, but especially to the people of Illinois about the charges being levied against him. EARTH TO BLAGOJEVICH...THEY HAVE YOU ON TAPE. Your not going to be able to talk yourself out of this one buddy. I for one can't wait to hear this guys excuses.
It's not fair to hammer poor Blago. This recent election was one big bribe. With both candidates seeing who could offer the poor and downtrodden more of the "Rich" money. Barach Obama's entire tax plan was one big vote buy and should be illegal in and of itself. Promising $2000 checks to people to gain there vote should not be part of the election process. But then Obama came up in that Chicago political machine so its to be expected.
Ahhh Mark- Remember on another thread you showed how many zeros are in the big numbers. The $2,000. bribe was for us little guys. Blago was talking at least 6 zeros. You know kinda like, Whiskey for me-beer for my horses!

Mark Collins said:
It's not fair to hammer poor Blago. This recent election was one big bribe. With both candidates seeing who could offer the poor and downtrodden more of the "Rich" money. Barach Obama's entire tax plan was one big vote buy and should be illegal in and of itself. Promising $2000 checks to people to gain there vote should not be part of the election process. But then Obama came up in that Chicago political machine so its to be expected.
The media has been trying to say that Obama has escaped involvement in the Chicago Corruption game. I heard someone say something this morning that goes like- You can't get in the bathtub with these people, and exit the bathtub without some of the scum from the water exiting with you.
Well I wouldn't be surprised if Emanuel gets rolled up in this whole fiasco. Clearly someone from Obama's group was talking to the Governor because he knew who Obama wanted. He didn't just think of that off the top of his head...someone had to be feeding that to him. I guess we will just have to let the media do their fair and honest coverage of the whole matter, and I am sure they will uncover the truth...now whether or not they actually tell the country the truth remains to be seen..

Sandy Cope said:
Will- I thought that the Obama MSM had started the "insanity" talk in case Blago starts singing and naming some names that could cause the Obama Admin. some major embarrassment. For example, I read today that Rham Emanuel has had 21 taped conversations with Blago. Also, I've read that Rezko has been singing to the FBI, and his sentencing has been delayed. Obama recently said he will talk about the whole mess next week, that's right before Christmas, when most people are taking time out from politics and the news in order to celebrate the Holidays with their friends and families. I get the feeling that Jingle Bells will take on a whole new set of lyrics.

Will said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service