RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

As young Republicans, what grade would you give our Republican representatives in Congress? Do you feel they are standing up for our principles or do you feel they are giving in too much too quickly?

thanks,
David Milstein

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David- The simple answer would be to look at the Republican Platform adopted in 2008 and grade the Congressional Republicans on how much they hold to the platform. What is your opinion on how well they are doing?
INCOMPLETE

In the House, I think they're recovering from November, getting accustomed to the reorganization of their leadership and trying to figure out strategy and tactics condidering that the have exactly zero power.

The Senate seems more willing to "go along to get along". I don't get this and never did. Republicans are giving Democrats some cover by the appearance of bi-partisan approval of the Democrat agenda in exchange for absloutely nothing. My answer to Democrats would be, "Hell No!".
George- As usual I agree with your analysis of the House and Senate Republicans. David posed the question, and I was trying to engage him in what his ideas are about the shape of the Republican party. I am very curious what the young members of the party have in mind.

Having said that, it is almost becoming a betting game to see what Republicans will cave on what. There are those R Senators that we can count on to support major and some minor issues brought forth by the Liberals, but it seems with McConnell, our top guy in the Senate, either being spineless, not smart enough for the job, or having bought the mantra "go along to get along", it's feeling like we have only a very few willing to stand up and say "hell no." DeMint comes to mind. I'm also not sure that many R Senators aren't feeling some hopelessness in knowing that there are at least 4 R Senators will vote with the Dems, and will push the legislation over the 60 votes needed. McCain, Graham, Snowe, Collins and maybe Specter have proven their unreliability as Republicans.

Eric Cantor is to be commended for his efforts in meeting with Obama to present a GOP alternate Stimulus bill. I can only hope that with Obamas reaction to the plan, after saying there was nothing terrible about it, then going on to say "I won, so that trumps you" will stiffen the spines of the Republican House members. Knowing that they will not be heard, and will not be able to block Democrat legislation in the House, it is even more important to propose alternate plans, and take those ideas to the American public in any way they can. Isn't that what the Republican party was all about, ideas?

Eventually the Hubris displayed by Obama, Pelosi and Reid, as well as most Liberals in Washington, will be their downfall. Unfortunately many many Americans will be hurt by them before they wake up and smell the coffee.

George Daily said:
INCOMPLETE

In the House, I think they're recovering from November, getting accustomed to the reorganization of their leadership and trying to figure out strategy and tactics condidering that the have exactly zero power.

The Senate seems more willing to "go along to get along". I don't get this and never did. Republicans are giving Democrats some cover by the appearance of bi-partisan approval of the Democrat agenda in exchange for absloutely nothing. My answer to Democrats would be, "Hell No!".
Even the Republicans in the House have power. They are to be the town criers, shouting out the injustice and hypocracy being put forth by this democrat regime. We must be well represented on every show on national television. It is not enough to go on Hannity, Glenn Beck, or O'Rielly. We know who watches those shows. We should be on This Week, Meet the Press and even MSNBC whenever possible. Be argumentative and get our points across. Attack the premise of every question before answering. That's a large mistake we often make. Our representatives must remember that every appearance is a debate for the hearts and minds of the American people, and we must start playing to win, not for Republicans so much as for Conservative Values.
I think it will take a meeting called for by the top Conservative member in our party where every single Republican Representative must be present. The only way we can be a true minority is if we are united, strong and able to fight for what we believe in. The Democrats are very good at misleading the American public. It is up to us, not the media, to uncover and show America their true agenda.
David- That was just what I was hoping for. I want to hear what you have to say. So many like to say that the young are the future of America, but it seems that we don't ask what you guys are thinking about, and what is important to you. The direction of the country is your future. Thank you for recognizing that there are better alternatives, and for staying strong as a Republican. Hey, jump in to your own discussion. You would not believe how many of us would love to hear what you have to say.

David Milstein said:
I think it will take a meeting called for by the top Conservative member in our party where every single Republican Representative must be present. The only way we can be a true minority is if we are united, strong and able to fight for what we believe in. The Democrats are very good at misleading the American public. It is up to us, not the media, to uncover and show America their true agenda.
Why isn't anyone discussing the question I have posed? It is so important to discuss ways we can contact our representatives, become united as a party and make them stand up for us. What are your thoughts?

Also, please pass this message on to anyone you know. Have them sign up for this new network and have them friend everyone they can. Each of us must work together to bring in as many Republicans as possible.
David- For one, there is no easy answer to your question. There are those that think the Republicans are doing great, if you are a moderate. There are others that think the Senate and Congress members are failing badly, if you are a conservative and hold those conservative values as near and dear. I again would like to hear your take on it. It depends if you are a Republican or a Conservative. I know you know that there is a big difference there.

David Milstein said:
Why isn't anyone discussing the question I have posed? It is so important to discuss ways we can contact our representatives, become united as a party and make them stand up for us. What are your thoughts?

Also, please pass this message on to anyone you know. Have them sign up for this new network and have them friend everyone they can. Each of us must work together to bring in as many Republicans as possible.
You just highlighted our problem right there. I think some moderate Republicans do not recognize that they are the glue that holds us together and the Conservatives must be the leaders of the party. If the moderates start to fold and become weak at the knees, the Conservatives will not be able to lead. It is going to take someone who is a representative of ours, not just a Limbaugh, to truly convince the moderates and Conservatives that to succeed, we must be united. That they did not get elected just to vote on policies to help themselves get reelected, but were put in office based on their principles and ideas for the country.
Obama basically said to the Republican House members--"I won the election, so do things my way and I'll pretend that we are all bi-partisan" Because he was so overbearing, the unanimous vote by Republicans against his "Stimulus" Bill will not be seen as ungrateful, but rather as totally understandable. Obama will sooner or later figure out that he can't have it both ways-- he can't ignore the legitimate concerns of the minority while at the same time preaching his post-partisan mantra. The real political battle to watch in the months to come is the one between the "nice guy" Obama image that he is trying to project and which he needed to get the nomination and the Chicago Democrat he trained as who would run over his Grandmother (again) to get his own way. Even a toady mainstream media will not be able to resist covering this epic battle.
If the media decides to cover some of it, it is still up to our elected Republicans to get out there and drill the message home

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service