RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

Mainstream Media: A Perfect Answer to a Stupid Question.

Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked:
'What do you feel......when you shoot a Terrorist?'
The Marine shrugged and replied, "A slight recoil."
I have two questions for Katie Couric. How did she get her job asking questions like that, and how dare she criticize Sarah Palin for a supposed lack of intellect?

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A smart Marine and a stupid reporter.
I recently read that Couric's ratings have gone up because of the Palin interview. Couric's ratings were below the basement, they were in a bunker before this. So now Couric can say she came up from the deep, but she still can't see the light. It shows you just how Palin is hated on the left. No, the interview did not come off well for Palin, but I would love to have seen the entire interview, rather than just what was shown to make Palin look bad. Unfortunately, most Palin haters, and those not smart enough to look deeper, will always remember this one interview and say that proved that she is dumb. Yes, Couric is being paid back for the gift she gave the left, but it still doesn't prove that Couric has 2 living brain cells.
I began to dislike Couric as soon as she took that job and morphed into whatever her producers wanted her to be. As far as showing edited interviews go, there really should be some recourse for people like Gov. Palin who are victimized by botched clips that are put together out of context. Freedom of speech can be used as an abuse of power when it's in the wrong hands. If shoddy journalism was a crime, Couric, Mathews and Gibson would be felons. Sean Hannity calls 2008 "the year that journalism died," and that is so true. There used to be a professional journalism society with a code of ethics and I don't know if it even still exists.
What a great response by a well trained sniper.
Would she ask the same question of a police officer?
Great question Doug, especially a police officer that shot someone protecting her.
No, she probably would have asked the guy, "how the poor victims family must feel". What an idiot...this is the entire reason why media is dead in this country.

Sandy Cope said:
Great question Doug, especially a police officer that shot someone protecting her.
OMG! What an answer! Good for the Marine!!
I'd be remiss not to share the following, and to admire the bluntness of the Armed forces , and to their apparent ability to drop liberals jaws.....
Unfortunately, it's been proven false by Snopes. But I love the sentiment anyway....

This is a reported portion (disproved later by Snopes.com) of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.
(I this is one of the best comeback lines of all time… )---

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD:
Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you’re not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended. All over America, people were thinking: Semper Fi, Marine !
Another Katie Couric question:

"Other than your booth, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play??"

The Bulletproof Monk said:
I'd be remiss not to share the following, and to admire the bluntness of the Armed forces , and to their apparent ability to drop liberals jaws.....
Unfortunately, it's been proven false by Snopes. But I love the sentiment anyway....

This is a reported portion (disproved later by Snopes.com) of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.
(I this is one of the best comeback lines of all time… )---

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD:
Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you’re not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended. All over America, people were thinking: Semper Fi, Marine !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service