RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

Senator Ken Cuccinelli Introduces Legislation to Protect Citizen's Privacy Under the Real ID Act of 2005

It was announced today that Senator Ken Cuccinelli has taken another bold stand to protect
the privacy of Virginia citizens when he introduced S.B.481 to prohibit DMV or any other
agency of the Commonwealth from using any type of computer chip or radio-frequency
identification on licenses and identification cards and from sharing certain data with other
states or with any federal government agency as required by the Real ID Act of 2005. The
bill further provides that no biometric data will be gathered or retained.

Donna Holt and VA Liberty Defense along with 10 other groups have joined forces in a
statewide campaign to add Virginia to the growing list of states to enact anti-Real ID legislation.
Twenty-one (21) states have engaged in an all-out revolt against Dangerous ID (the so-called
Real ID scam) and have already passed legislation that will nix the federal mandate and more
are expected to follow.

The will be a Rally in support of Delegate Bob Marshall's H.B.1587 and Ken Cuccinelli's S.B.481
at the Virginia State Capital Bell Tower on January 21, 2009 at 1:00 pm.

The VA Liberty Defense grassroots lobbying efforts will gain momentum as they take the news
of the bill to the districts across the state. They are certain to shake things up in local politics
with upcoming state elections on the horizon.

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I, too, believe that our state issued ID should remain under the control of the state, not the federal government.
Passports are issued at the federal level and the federal government already messed that up by adding
machine-readable RFID chips that have been reproduced. How does that protect us from illegal immigration
or terrorism.

Mark Collins said:
I'm still catching up on this one. There are two things I'm certain of:

1. I have no problem with requiring ID for purposes of voting and that those ID's need to be foolproof.
2. I believe how ID's are handled should probably be left up to the states but that all adults should have one.

I'm actually not even certain of those things.
While everyone was busy with the frontal assault known as Real ID, look what slipped through the back door!!
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=43463
Yes, I knew he was pushing for this measure and just one more reason citizens are outrages by the stimulus package.
We really need to do something about these unconstitutional laws that are snuck into other larger bills that are totally unrelated. What has a database to store all your medical information have to do with an economic stimulus bill? More spending leading to b nore and more government to monitor and control citizens. "We the people" are now under total control of the federal government. The founding fathers would be ashamed.

Tom Whitmore said:
While everyone was busy with the frontal assault known as Real ID, look what slipped through the back door!!
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=43463

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service