RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

Spank That Donkey: "Support Jeff Frederick This Week"

I hope he doesn't mind, but this post from the blogger Spank That Donkey is too good not to be read by members of this community. I think he is dead-on that McDonnell's kick-off tour is a great opportunity for us to get out and show him and the rest of the state that the Grassroots supports Jeff Frederick.

Would it be possible to print up fliers for each location and hand them out at events? Or perhaps we could all wear green as a symbol of our grassroots support for Chairman Frederick. This is a valuable opportunity to show our support from all corners of the state.

Post below:

Spank That Donkey

McDonnell Kick Off!
DateThursday, March 26, 2009 at 12:17AM

The McDonnell campaign will be kicking off their campaign this Saturday. They will be holding rallies in Northern Va, Richmond and Hampton Roads. What a great opportunity for those of us who are working to uphold the overwhelming election of our State Chairman, Jeff Frederick.

It will provide us the chance to express to Bob McDonnell(Robert@bobmcdonnell.com) theconcern for his election as Governor we all have if Jeff Frederick is removed as Chairman. If you are able to attend any of the rallies please do so. And while there communicate to the others who are there the concerns for Bob McDonnell(Robert@bobmcdonnell.com) that we have.

And by all means if you have a chance to speak to the candidate himself, or his staff, let them know that we, the Grassroots, who worked so hard for his election as Attorney General are having a hard time getting motivated for his campaign. That when we finally elected a chairman at our last convention who we knew would listen to the Grassroots our motivation was at an all time high.

But due to the antics of the State Central Committee and others who did not support Jeff Frederick at the convention, and have not since he was elected, our motivation for his candidacy for Governor and for the Republican Party is at its lowest level in years.

We want this situation settled. We want to be focused on sweeping all three statewide offices this November and to hold on to our majority in the House of Delegates. We want to see Conservative Republicans elected or re-elected in our local elections. We also want Jeff Frederick's election as our Party Chairman to be allowed to stand. We believe this can happened if Bob McDonnell will listen to the voices of those he will need to be elected Governor this November.

If you can be at any of the rallies this Saturday, please go to show your support for Bob McDonnell and for Jeff Frederick. If you are unable to attend telephone or email Bob McDonnell(Robert@bobmcdonnell.com) and express to him and to his staff the concerns that you have regarding him being elected this November if Jeff Frederick is removed as Chairman.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The way I see it, and evidently a good number of other visitors do...
Is that out of 1200 members of the hardiest Republican supporter in Virginia's internet access.....
146 support Frederick.
I've e-mailed McDonnell alright. To tell him he was right on the money. This isn't about Jeff's future. It's about getting our candidates elected. If they aren't comfortable with Jeff as their Party Chairman, he should quietly step down. Oops! Too late to do it quitely, now isn't it?
The Bulletproof Monk said:
The way I see it, and evidently a good number of other visitors do...
Is that out of 1200 members of the hardiest Republican supporter in Virginia's internet access.....
146 support Frederick.
I've e-mailed McDonnell alright. To tell him he was right on the money. This isn't about Jeff's future. It's about getting our candidates elected. If they aren't comfortable with Jeff as their Party Chairman, he should quietly step down. Oops! Too late to do it quitely, now isn't it?

So by that logic, only 129 members of this 1200 member community support Bob McDonnell? I think there are a lot more people than you think who voted for Jeff Frederick and want him to remain as Chair.
Today, Jeff Frederick spoke in front of the Virginia Beach Republican Breakfast Meeting. He admitted that although there was some mistakes he made in the past (who hasn't?), he is very capable on bringing back the party to what it used to be and I believe him. He has reached out to make this a more diverse party which we must continue to do so. We have failed as a party to open up our doors to to others. For that reason, we should continue our support for him. One person cannot change a party, only we can if we stop arguing and join to make this state a red state again.
I was at the kickoff in Fairfax. I saw two people outside with Frederick signs, no one was passing anything out. I didn't notice anyone in green either. I suspect the response was similar at the other events.

How does going to war with Bob McDonnell accomplish anything anyway? I don't think he gets a vote for or against removing Frederick. McDonnell is our best chance to take back the Governor's mansion and I hate to say it but if he loses, then we might as well pack up and move to Texas, because we are not winning another statewide election.

By the way, the vote will probably come up just shy of the necessary 75% and he will remain Chairman. Even if they remove him he will run again at the convention and win again because the SCC never bothered to pick a replacement that the delegates can get behind, or pick anyone for that matter!
Uh...look. The delegates at that convention were largely Ron Paul Libertarians.The swelled the numbers.
Since they lost interest, moved on, and generally did not sign up as delegates for this convention, along with the fact that even large contingents of Jeff defenders have converted after this vote....Jeff will not have the numbers in May to do what he thinks he can. It'll just be one more black eye on the Party going into an election. Way to go, Jeff. Way to go.

"By the way, the vote will probably come up just shy of the necessary 75% and he will remain Chairman. Even if they remove him he will run again at the convention and win again because the SCC never bothered to pick a replacement that the delegates can get behind, or pick anyone for that matter!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service