RPVNetwork

Grassroots Network of the Republican Party of Virginia

Since Ning sites provide other groups with a means of soliciting input from it's members, will the RPV Network do this job? We solicit your comments and suggestions. We also expect this web technique to be helpful to our Republican Candidates. Will it do that task?

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You Betcha!
O.P.:
I think it will have as muh of an inpact as we want it to. I'm hoping everyone jumps in and contributes. Have you sent invitation to Republican officials and candidates to join? If you need to delegate the task, let me know.
Debbie
This is open forum, you guys have the power. It is about you and for you, Have at it! If you have suggestions, make them and OP and I will see what we can do. You can post events, you can create blogs, you can create forums, you can form groups it is about you my friends, and the survival and prosperity of conservatism, we just ask that everyone be respectful and civil.
David,
Calendar, good Idea, I'll look into that. May be some way to grab the RPV's? Will check.

O. P.

David W. Higgins said:
With you and Tom in charge, yes it will! It should start growing very quickly. Will need a calendar of events for State and County to help folks stay involved. For example, Pat Herrity, the Fairfax Committee meeting 2 Dec, 8:00 PM in the Falls Church High School, etc.
So long as this site directs people (and allows members to direct other members) to take action on behalf of the party and our candidates, it can have a tremendous impact. Jason Kenney is working up a RedStorm PAC application for this site (he's already got it on Facebook) that will help raise money for GOP candidates. If this site helps raise money for candidates and recruits volunteers for their campaigns, then we'll really be accomplishing what we need to set out to do.
Jim, I don't get your comment about "directing". Do you really mean encouraging or facilitating maybe?

I have been pretty cautious about donating to these "Red" PACs. I really don't see the advantage of giving money to anyone other than to the RPV, RNC or the actual Candidate. Why give money to some group that you really don't have a say in what they do with it. Why not go direct? This "RedStorm PAC" needs to describe how the money will be used, who decides, etc. Can you or he give this group some tutoring on it?
Yes, O.P., I merely meant "directing" to be pointing in the correct direction or encouraging as you put it.

As far as Red Storm PAC goes, it allows you to put widgets on your website to raise money directly for candidates online. We've been using it on Virginia Virtucon for a while. And unlike the various "blue PACs," 100 percent of funds donated to a candidate via RSP go to that candidate. Contributions to RSP itself just help with processing and finance charges so candidates can get the full amount of the donations. Most other PACs that do online fundraising, whether they be red or blue, take a percentage of the contribution to pay for the finance charges.

O. P. Ditch said:
Jim, I don't get your comment about "directing". Do you really mean encouraging or facilitating maybe?

I have been pretty cautious about donating to these "Red" PACs. I really don't see the advantage of giving money to anyone other than to the RPV, RNC or the actual Candidate. Why give money to some group that you really don't have a say in what they do with it. Why not go direct? This "RedStorm PAC" needs to describe how the money will be used, who decides, etc. Can you or he give this group some tutoring on it?
Good points, O.P.! You need to see a plan of action and know what direction the PAC is going to take. You have to show folks why you deserve the money over another avenue.

O. P. Ditch said:

O.P. and Tom,

I understand your concern. We answer some questions on our website, but the short of it is every dollar that goes to RedStormPAC enables us to raise money for candidates. No one in our organization is making money on this. All contributions to the PAC cover the costs of the interface, merchant service fees and credit card transaction fees that would otherwise be charged to the candidates were they to use another service.

This means that when $100 is contributed to a candidate through RSPAC we pass along all $100 of that contribution to the candidate. Other orgs like ActBlue (2.5% fee), SlateCard (4% fee), PayPal (3% fee), and other private vendors will charge for these transactions as well as regular fees that hinder online fundraising operations.

I am in no way advocating not giving directly to candidates or organizations throughout the state, there are many great organizations and candidates that need our help not just financially but with feet on the street. But a contribution to RedStormPAC enables us to turn your $5 into $100.

This isn't everything we do, we also offer assistance for candidates and organizations in new media presence, email campaigns, web development and more. But the contribution system is the cornerstone of what we are here to provide, a 100% free means of soliciting online contributions from supporters.

Please feel free to contact me directly at jskenney@redstormpac.org and I'd be more than happy to help alleviate any concerns or answer any questions.

Looking forward to continuing to fight the good fight.

Jason Kenney
http://www.redstormpac.org
"Direct" (if online) means someone is taking a cut -- which can be anywhere from 3% if you do it yourself through a bank all the way as high as 20% (!) through some consultants.

Even ActBlue charges 4% per donation... and of course, when some D.C. consultants saw there was money to be made charging Republican campaigns, challengers, causes, and unit committees that fee for GOP new media efforts, you could hear the "cha-ching" from here.

RedStormPAC fixes that. If you donate $100 to a candidate, that candidate gets $100. Not a fraction of it, all of it.

Of course, this means that RedStormPAC does operate at a deficit, and relies entirely on the donations of the GOP faithful or a "tip jar" to keep it operating.

Still, this is about as close to altruism you're going to find. It certainly hasn't made some of the other outlets happy that we offer it for free, but we did it to help us (meaning the grassroots) kick butt, not get rich a handful of guys rich.

Regards,

The reason Jason and I started RedStormPAC was to

O. P. Ditch said:

I sure hope it does the job. What a great venue to discuss GOPolitics. I had no idea this was possible. I'm glad to see someone with the idea and desire to make it happen. Great job O. P. Ditch!
Yes, I believe it will.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

U.S. DEBT CLOCK

(sales help fund this site)

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Tom Whitmore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service